Saturday 12 March 2016

Apple & Toffee Muffins

Yum
I don’t know about you, but I love having muffins for breakfast. And these Apple & Toffee Muffins pair perfectly with my morning coffee.
I used lactofree milk for this recipe because that’s the only thing I had in my fridge, and I really couldn’t be bothered with going to the store to buy some regular milk. So, if you are lactose intolerant like I am, feel free to sub lactofree milk. The muffins are just as delicious.

One more thing, and I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, I’m not a fan of overly sweet cakes/desserts—so I only used 1 piece of toffee for each muffin. But if you love toffee and extra sweetness, you should add about two pieces of toffee for the filling, and maybe some toffee crumbles to top it off. Adjust everything to taste. That’s my baking motto.

OK. Enough of my jabbering, and on to the actual baking!

Apple & Toffee Muffins
Makes about 14
Recipe by JamesMartin

Ingredients
2 Eggs, room temp
80g Sugar
240ml Milk, room temp
100g Butter, melted
300g Flour, sifted
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 Apples, I used Braeburn,peeled/cored/finely chopped
200g Toffee, I used about 14 individual pieces

Method
1. Preheat oven to 190C/380F and line your muffin tin with cases.
2. In a bowl, beat the melted butter and sugar. Then add the milk and eggs, and continue mixing.
3. Sift your flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon together, and add it to the mixture. Use a spoon to lightly mix the batter. Then fold in the chopped apples.
4. Using a spoonful of the batter, fill each of the muffins cases. Then add a toffee piece (or 2), to each muffin case. Use another spoonful of batter to cover the toffee. Each muffin case should be ¾ full.
Place as many toffee pieces as you want
then cover the toffee with the remaining batter
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until muffins are golden and toothpick comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment